The Montana Goat Society is a non-profit organization that began out of a desire to help anyone interested in goats learn how to succeed with their animals. Whether you have meat goats or dairy, whether you want to show them, sell them, breed them, or just have fresh milk for your family as part of a sustainability or self-reliance plan, MGS seeks to help you find the information, mentoring, resources, and activities you need.
Our focus is education and activities for families and communities, and so we provide a wide variety of programs, classes, and activities:
– Classes for those new to goats
– Mentoring for children and families in goat-raising
– In-school programs
– Showmanship classes and sanctioned shows
– Information on breeding and genetics
– How to get started selling your goats
Whatever your goals are, we can help — get in touch! We may have a representative in your area.